Administrators are users with so-called sysop rights. They are not in any way superior to other users, but are able to perform maintenance and security tasks. Administrators still have all of the responsibilities that any other regular user has, in addition to an administrator's more exclusive responsibilities.
Administrators have the following privileges and responsibilities:
- Deletion and undeletion. Deleting and undeleting pages, page histories, and uploaded files.
- Protecting pages. Protecting (protecting) a page so it cannot be edited or renamed by users without admin rights or autoconfirmed status.
- Block and unblock. Blocking IP addresses or user names from editing for a specific amount of time, or indefinitely.
- MediaWiki namespace. Admins can edit the protected pages in the MediaWiki namespace. These pages are used to define the text of the user interface.
- Admin Dashboard. All admins have access to restricted features through the "Admin Dashboard". The "Theme Designer" allows admins to change the design of wiki, while "Wiki Features" allows admins to enable or disable specific, optional features.
Bureaucrats are one level "up" from administrators. Bureaucrats only have the ability to manipulate user rights, as well as block and unblock users, so this right is generally used in addition to the administrator group.
Who are this wiki's administrators?
The "founder" of a wiki, the person who first requested it, is given administrator access automatically. Founders are also given bureaucrat access so they can make any other user on their wiki an administrator or bureaucrat. Users with administrator and/or bureaucrat rights are listed below.
|Princess Arturia||Bureaucrat, administrator|
Becoming an administrator
For you to become an administrator, you need to ask a bureaucrat directly on his or her message wall.
If there are no active bureaucrats, discuss your nomination with the wiki community. Once a community decision has been reached (or if there is no active community to debate the decision), please leave a message at the wiki adoption requests page and FANDOM Staff can provide you the administrator/bureaucrat rights.
What can administrators not do?
Administrators should not use their administrator powers to settle editing disputes; for example, to lock a page on a version he or she prefers in an editing dispute that isn't vandalism. Administrator powers should be used to help keep the wiki clear of vandalism, spam, and users who make malicious edits, but not for simple disagreements between users. Ideally an admin shouldn't be considered "in charge". The ideal admin is just someone who is trusted to have a few extra buttons and to use them for the benefit of the wiki.